Keep up to date with the new development …
The refurbishment and extension works have commenced. The works will include the refurbishment of the Three Mile bar and restaurant and an extension will be constructed for a 64 bedded hotel, with conference and event facilities and reception area.
- Phase 1 extension currently on site, foundations have been laid
- The ground floor to the extension has been installed
- Tower crane has been errected
- Brickwork and blockwork have progressed to the second floor
- Installation of the floors have progressed to the second floor
- Procurement of roof structures is ongoing
- First floor internal and external walls have progressed up to second floor level
- Roof trusses have now been installed to the plantroom
- Steel roof trusses to the extension commenced in early September
- Scalini’s Restaurant closed due to damage to the kitchen, which was as a result of a sudden downpour. This has meant that we have been unable to operate and provide a restaurant service. Unfortunately, as there is significant construction work onsite, the site is likely to be closed until the reopening of the new venue next year.
- It is with regret, that we have taken the difficult decision to close the Three Mile Inn on Sunday 9th September.
- In conjunction with the decision we recently took in closing Scalini’s Gosforth, we have taken all health and safety matters into full consideration and it would simply not have been viable, nor in the best interests of the safety for both our staff and customers, to keep the businesses open whilst such extensive construction work is still underway on site. Therefore, both the Three Mile Inn and Scalini’s Gosforth will remain closed until all major development work is completed next year, at which time we will then be relaunching the new look bar, restaurant and 64 bedroomed hotel.
- Internal demolition works to the bar, restaurant and kitchen are being progressed
Therefore, both the Three Mile Inn and Scalini’s Gosforth will remain closed until all major development work is completed next year, at which time we will then be relaunching the new look bar, restaurant and 64 bedroomed hotel.